Monday, May 21, 2007

SMALL WORLD

Last Friday, I randomly met my surgeon's daughter. She happens to be very good friends with someone I work with, and was in the office having lunch with him. She talked with me about her father for a while, about his "drinking problem," which she says is much better now, despite his constantly shaking hands. Oh, that's just hilarious.

But she told me something I didn't know, which is that my surgeon trained with the inventor of the current, now standard, method of limb lengthening. Which makes my surgeon 1) older than I thought and 2) very well trained.

Tonight I go to give a unit of my own blood for my surgery. I guess with the blood bank shortages, this is standard practice now. I've never given blood before (I know, I know, I'm a horrible person), so it should be an experience. Perhaps I'll also finally learn my blood type.

Days until surgery: 9

1 comment:

Cladeedah said...

Well, at least it's not brain surgery, I guess. (In response to the shaking hands comment.)