Friday, May 18, 2007

PRE-SURGERY TESTS

I had my pre-surgery tests this morning. I had them done at the hospital where I’m having my surgery instead of at my doctor’s office, and it turned out to be a good choice because I was able to do all the registration paperwork today instead of on the day of the surgery.

The only “tests” they did to me, though, were to take my blood pressure and a blood sample. I thought the tests would be more extensive, with at least some sort of heart monitoring, but I guess not.

They did ask me about a million questions, everything ranging from what type of alcohol I drink to what time of day I take my multi-vitamin. And I was asked all these questions three different times, first by the physician’s assistant, then by a nurse, then by the anesthesiologist. They were all really nice, though, and all wished me luck on my surgery.

It started to dawn on me, as the nurse was drawing blood out of my arm and I had my head turned away from the sight of it, as I always do when I get blood drawn, that I was going to need to seriously toughen up soon.

Days until surgery: 12

1 comment:

Cladeedah said...

I'm coming in 6 days, WOO-HOO!!!