Wednesday, July 11, 2007

BAD BLOGGER

I've been horrible about blogging. Part of it is not my fault, since we're still without internet at home. Or rather, we sometimes have internet, and then only certain pages will open. They are finally supposed to fix it on Saturday, after almost a month. Die a slow death, Time Warner Cable.

I've also been beyond exhausted, since this week is my first week back to work. Even though I've been crutching around the apartment for over a month, the amount of crutching I've had to do at work, which is only to get to and from the bathroom, has destroyed my arms. My left arm feels like it's going to fall off. It hasn't been this sore since that one (and only) boxing class I took years ago.

But I did have a doctor's appointment yesterday, and my lengthening is officially done! My legs are even!

Check it out:



Now I just have to wear the fixator until my new bone grows and consolidates. I go back to the doctor in three weeks for another set of xrays, and hopefully about three weeks after that, I'll be fixator free!

For some reason, the nurse gave us my xrays from this recent doctor's visit, so I'm going to try to take pictures of them and post them, hopefully on Saturday when our FUCKING INTERNET IS FIXED!

Not much is going on otherwise. Still weaning myself off of the Vicodin like the addict that I am. We had a mouse in the apartment this morning. Kelly tried to trap it and kill it, while I sat helplessly on the couch and watched, but she only managed to stun it with a broom before it scurried behind a bookcase. We duck-taped it back there until our super could come over and kill it proper.

Here's a picture of Lamar playing on my fixator:

2 comments:

She said...

Lamar looks like he's working up to the pommel horse. Either that or attacking your leg with an evil three-hole punch.

I'm sorry to hear that TWC still sucks (not as much as the US postal service, apparently). I can't wait to see the x-rays. in the meantime, nice abs!

ha ha, I remember that boxing class. wasn't it just you and the dude, after the other chick took off?

congrats on being even. you rock.

Anonymous said...

Big freaking deal. My legs have been even for years.