Monday, October 15, 2007

SERENDIPITOUS SYNERGY (OR SYNERGISTIC SERENDIPITY, WHICHEVER YOU PREFER)

The universe conspired today to bring together me and the man whose movie informed the name of this blog, John Cameron Mitchell . He was in the elevator at my doctor's office! Tres meta.

I had my pre-surgery tests today. Nothing fancy... blood drawn, peed in the cup, yada yada yada. I thought maybe after going through almost five months of pin site cleaning, getting blood drawn wouldn't still bother me. But nope, I'm still a big wuss!

Only nine days left!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't really get the 'tres meta' thing, but that is a cool coincidence/act of god. i am so sad that i'm going to be out of the country when you (knock on wood) get your pins out, but i look forward to hearing all about it when i get back. good luck, soldier. love you.

Cladeedah said...

The last lady that drew my blood did it quickly and nearly painlessly. I let out the breath I was holding and practically kissed her feet. I made sure to tell her how wonderful she was at her job.