Tuesday, September 25, 2007

TEARS OF A CLOWN

It occurs to me that I should blog, but there's not really anything interesting to say. My next doctor's appointment is two weeks from today, and the closer it gets, the more I'm realizing just how important it is to me for it to go well.

And for it go well, the xrays need to show that my leg is ready for the fixator to come off. If they do show that my leg is ready, then my doctor will take off the fixator and schedule a surgery to remove the pins and the screws in my leg. If they don't show that my leg is ready, I will hear something along the lines of "see you in a month," at which point I might need to shoot myself in the forehead.

Even though I've tried very hard to reason with myself about how my life right now isn't how it will always be-- that I will, someday, get the fixator off and be able to walk around and play outside like the normal kids-- depression has definitely set in. I've just gotten used to life like this, and life like this is depressing.

Perhaps a big reason for the sudden melancholy is the fact that my friend Rex has set a wedding date, November 10th. The wedding is in Northern California, and aside from the fact that I don't have any vacation time left, I will probably/hopefully be having surgery a week or so before that. So I can't go. This brings the grand total of weddings I have missed because of my leg to four. Well, one of those I wasn't actually invited to, but I'm counting it anyway.

So I'm trying to think of things to be happy about. Like that The Office and Ugly Betty start up again this week. Or that the Red Sox might actually beat the Yankees and win the division. Can you tell that my life revolves around my television?

Here's a picture of my adorable niece with her adorable face:

2 comments:

She said...

put that remote down and take a look at this: meow?

(I specifically googled for the "hang in there" kitty, just for you. there's one a few pics down.)

Cladeedah said...

Wow, the baby looks like your mom!

Awe baby, don't be sad. You will be so much stronger once this is all over.

Plus, Top Model's premiered now, and The Pickup Artist finale was this week, and Brett Michaels' Rock of Love is this weekend. There are so many things to be grateful for.