Saturday, June 23, 2007

DOES THIS FIXATOR MAKE MY ANKLE LOOK FAT?

The last few days have been mostly uneventful. I only have seven days of lengthening left, and I'm counting them down practically by the minute. The pain is pretty much the same, but I'm trying to cut down on the Vicodin a little, since I'll only have two days after I finish the lengthening before I have to go back to work, and I don't want to go to work on a lot of Vicodin, but I also don't want to drop down off of it too fast.

My biggest concern right now is my ankle swelling. It's been fairly swollen this whole time, but the swelling significantly increased last weekend, and it's taken me several days of keeping it elevated above my heart to get the swelling to go down to a managable level. But it's still swollen, and painfully so.

The last few physical therapy sessions I've been up on my crutches putting some weight on my leg and trying to take a step through, though I haven't managed to do that yet. I'm really itching to be able to walk on it.

But the ankle swelling is annoying me, and I'm worried that when I go back to work, I'm not going to be able to elevate it as much, and it's going to swell up even more. My physical therapist says that when I am able to walk on it, the swelling will go down, so walking is the ultimate goal.

For now, though, it's elevation, and some manual displacement of the swelling, courtesy of Kelly:



And this morning, Kelly's dad and his wife, Bobbie stopped by while they were in town for business:



Days of lengthening left: 7

1 comment:

Cladeedah said...

I felt so rejected today when you didn't want to talk to me on the phone. I guess I can't compete with your new best friend, the vicodin.