Monday, August 20, 2007

TICK TOCK

Nothing to do now but watch the clock. And watch movies. And read. And learn how to count to 100 in French. Pretty much anything to distract myself from the fact that I still have the fixator attached to my leg which, quite possibly because there's nothing else to obsess about now, I can't stop obsessing about.

During my pre-surgery internet searching, I came across a guy who had leg lengthening surgery who opted to have a rod put in his leg so that when the lengthening was over, the fixator was able to come off and the rod held his leg together while the bone healed. The guy had three months of lengthening, which I cannot even imagine, but he said that after three months of the wearing the fixator, he was ready to yank it off himself.

That's about the point I'm at, too. But I'm hoping that my next doctor's appointment on September 11 will be encouraging. I'll have been done with the lengthening for two and a half months by then. How much more time does my stupid bone need to grow?

Kelly's mom and sister came over for dinner last week. Here they are, with Kelly's mom covering her face since she doesn't want her picture on this crazy interweb thing that's all the rave with the kids these days:



And here's a picture of me, Kelly, and He Who Shall Remain Nameless (I decided my fixator doesn't deserve a cute name like Frank) at Heather's housewarming party last weekend:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys both look super cute at the housewarming party. The longer hair looks hot. And we can almost see Kelly's boobies in the pic. Nice shirt Kel.

Anonymous said...

Neil wants to know if we can work on the "almost" part. Show us some boob.